Jindal Institute of Power Technology (JIPT) is a part of US$18 billion O P Jindal Group. Jindal Institute of Power Technology (JIPT) is recognized by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Ministry of Power, Government of India, as a category-1 Institute, as per provisions of Sub Rule 2A of Rule 3 of Indian Electricity Rules 1956. It is promoted by the Jindal Education and Welfare Society and is a part of the O. P. Jindal Group.
The institute’s uniqueness lies in the fact that it provides hands-on training to its students in the group own power plants. Jindal Institute of Power Technology (JIPT) conducts training programmes on Power Plant Operation and Maintenance for Graduate Engineers and Power Plant Personnel of various Power Utilities. The institute aims to produce technically trained professionals for power utilities in India and abroad, and prepares trainees to operate or undertake maintenance of power generating stations of 100MW and above capacity. The major advantages of Jindal Institute of Power Technology are:
- It is located within the premises of O.P. Jindal Super Thermal Power Plant, which allows the trainees to get regular exposure to the running power station of 4×250 MW & 4×600 MW. This facility, being unique for our institute, enhances the overall knowledge related to operation and maintenance of modern power plants.
- The institute has state-of-the-art high fidelity dynamic full scope replica DCS (Distributed Control Systems) Simulators of 250 MW & 600 MW PFC firing based and 135MW CFBC based units to train both fresh and experienced engineers and asses their skill imparted.
- Jindal Institute of Power Technology has excellent Miniature Engineering Model room, Multi-media CBT Packages, well equipped C&I lab and mechanical workshop, Library, fully air-conditioned classrooms, computer lab, multi-purpose auditorium & conference hall.
- It provides hostel accommodation inside the Institute’s campus in fully furnished and air-conditioned rooms. The hostel has all amenities like mess, gymnasium, both indoor and outdoor games to make living comfortable for the trainees.
Jindal Institute of Power Technology (JIPT) offers:
- One Year Post-Graduate Training in O & M of Thermal Power Station for Graduate Engineers.
- Various training programmes on areas of Power Plant Operation and Maintenance including Simulator Training on 135 MW, 250 MW & 600 MW Units.