Qualification : B. Tech. (Mechanical), M. Sc. (Thermal Engineering) and Ph. D. (Management of TPP Performance Parameters) from G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Delhi Technical University & Jamia Milia Islamia (A Central University), New Delhi respectively
Functional Area : Thermal Engineering
Dr. Yadav holds over 34 years of academic & industry experience at various positions in organizations like,
Director, JIPT Jindal Power Limited Raigarh
Vice-President, Adani Power Limited Mundra
Assistant Vice President, EPC Div., Reliance Infrastructure
General Manager, JIPT, Jindal Power Ltd, Raigarh
Head Training, Lanco Infratech Ltd, Gurgaon
Deputy Director, National Power Training Institute
Assistant Director, National Power Training Institute
- Attended nine weeks Simulator Instructor’s Course in CEGB/BEI-UK from August to October’ 1988, largely covering, three weeks training on 500 MW Fossil Fuel Fired Full Scope Replica Simulator at Leeds, two weeks general technical training at Hams hall training Institute, Shutton Cold Fields Birmingham, two weeks Instructors’ Techniques Course at STA College Letchworth under City & Guilds of London.
- Attended many short term training programmes on soft and technical skills, conducted by different Indian Institutes and Professional bodies such as IIT, Delhi, JMI, Delhi, DTU, NTPC, NHPC, PGCIL, NPTI, Lanco Infra Tech Limited, Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Adani Power Limited, JIPT etc
- Excellent exposure of energy conversions, specifically relevant to power
- Strong academic and practical base of thermal engineering, material science, metallurgy, fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics.
- Conducting competency test & training need analysis, designing & developing curriculum and accordingly conducting the training
- Operation and performance management of Thermal Power Stations.
- Thermal Power Training inclusive of Simulator Training.
- Experience & exposure of 110/210/250/500/600 MW BHEL Units & 300/330/600/660 MW Chinese (SEC/SEPCO) Units, pertaining to design, engineering, construction, commissioning, testing, Operation & Maintenance.
- Participated in preparing and updating the following NPTI publications.
- Power plant familiarization Volume I, II, III, & IV.
- Power Plant Operation.
- Power Plant Performance.
- Power Plant Metallurgy.
- Pumps in Thermal Power Plants.
- Fans and Air-heaters.
- Operating Manuals of all the Three Coal Fired Simulators of the NPTI, which are the replica of the 210 MW, Unit – IV of Badarpur TPS (NTPC), 210 MW, Unit – I of Khaperkheda TPS (MSEB) and 500 MW, Unit – V of Chandrapur TPS (MSEB).
- Participated in preparing “Tender Document” for 210 & 500 MW Simulators for NPTI (WR), Nagpur and NPTI (HQ), Faridabad respectively.
- Designed, developed and prepared the curriculum for
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Thermal Power Plant Engineering.
- Post Diploma Course in Thermal Power Plant Engineering.
- Tech. (Power Engineering).
Paper Published & Presentated
- C. Yadav, S. Krishna (1998), “Performance Improvement Programme at Badarpur Thermal Power Station”, Proceedings of one day Workshop on Energy Efficiency Management System in Thermal Power Station, sponsored by Power Financing Corporation, Conducted by National Power Training Institute, Sector-33, Faridabad (India) on 10th July.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2003), “Draught System Management to Reduce Loss of Life and Efficiency”, National Seminar on Maintenance & Trouble Shooting of Boiler Auxiliaries, conducted by NPTI (NR) Badarpur New Delhi (India) on Feb 20-21.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2004), “Effective Management of Combustion Air to Improve Boiler Efficiency”, International Conference on Energy and Environment – Strategies for Sustainable Development”, held at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, JMI, Okhla, New Delhi (India) on Jan. 23-24.
- C. Yadav and Abid Haleem (2004), “Effective Management Techniques For Improvement Condenser Vacuum”, Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management conducted by GLOGIFT & Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, JMI, Okhla, New Delhi on March 13-15.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2005), “New Method of Excess Air Estimation for Complete Combustion of Different Coals”, 14th ISME International Conference on Mechanical Engineering in Knowledge Age, held at Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi (India) on December 12-14.
- C. Yadav and Abid Haleem (2006), “Fire Side Erosion Control Techniques for Pulverized Fuel Fired Boilers”, National Seminar on Advances in Mechanical Engineering conducted by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, JMI, Okhla, New Delhi (India) on January 10-11.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2006), “Optimization of Flue Gas Exhaust Temperature for Pulverized Coal Fired Boiler”, National Workshop on Redefining Energy Security Through Energy Efficiency Practices, organized by National Power Training Institute (ER), Durgapur on 10th & 11th February at Kolkata.
- C. Yadav, Chandra Shekhar (2007), “Environmentally Sound Technology For Burning High Sulphur Coal”, National Workshop on Fluidized Bed Combustion Technology for Coal Based Thermal Power Generation in North Eastern India – 12th January organized by NPTI (NER) and North East Power News.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2010), “Performance Management Issues of a Coal Fired Thermal Power Plant” ISST Journal of Mechanical Engineering, ISSN: 0976-7371, Volume 1, Jan – June 2010.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2012), “Optimized Steam Generation for Thermal Power Plants” OPJIT International Journal of Innovation & Research, ISSN: 2319 -4340, Volume 01, No. 01, Year – 2012.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2012), “Erosion Control of a CFBC Boiler” published with ISBN 978-93-82338-31-4 | © 2012 Bonfring, presented in National Symposium on CFBC Technology – Contemporary Scenario and Future Challenges organized by Jindal Institute of Power Technology on 19th & 20th December’ 2012.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2012), “Energy and Exergy Analysis of a CFBC Boiler” published with ISBN 978-93-82338-31-4 | © 2012 Bonfring, presented in National Symposium on CFBC Technology – Contemporary Scenario and Future Challenges organized by Jindal Institute of Power Technology on 19th & 20th December’ 2012.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2014), “Exergy Analysis of Thermal Power Plant Process Equipments” published with ISBN 978-93-83459-12-4 | © 2014 Bonfring, presented in National Seminar on Thermal Power Plant Performance Management organized organized by Jindal Institute of Power Technology on 22nd & 23rd January’ 2014.
- C. Yadav, Abid Haleem (2014), “Thermal Power Plant Performance Centered Recommendation” published with ISBN 978-93-83459-12-4 | © 2014 Bonfring, presented in National Seminar on Thermal Power Plant Performance Management organized by Jindal Institute of Power Technology on 22nd & 23rd January’ 2014.
- C. Yadav, Soumitra Banerjee (2015), “Management of Water & Steam Purity Parameters in Thermal Power Stations” published with ISBN 978-93-84743-43-7 | © 2015 Bonfring, presented in National Seminar on Prospects and Challenges of Electrical Power Industry in India, organized by Jindal Institute of Power Technology on 11th & 12th February’ 2015.
- K. Dey, K.C. Yadav (2016), “Automation and its Relevance in Operating Large Thermal Power Plants” International Conference on Advances in Steel, Power and Construction Technologies organized by O.P Jindal University on 17th to 19th March’ 2016.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Organizing National Seminars on
- Best Practices for Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution, 06-07 January 2016
- Prospects and challenges of Electrical Power Industry in India 11-12 February 2015
- Thermal Power Plant Performance Management, 22-23 January 2014
- CFBC Technology- Contemporary Scenario and Future Challenges, 19-20 December 2012
- Recent Developments in Thermal Power Technology, 16-17 December,2011
Guide/evaluated/ examined PG research work of the students of IIT Delhi, Delhi Technical University (DCE), Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Agra University, NPTI (NR), Delhi, JIPT, Tamnar, Raigarh etc.